The Peanuts Movie (known in some countries as Snoopy and Charlie Brown: The Peanuts Movie) is a 2015 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Blue Sky Studios and distributed by 20th Century Fox, based on Charles M. Schulz’s comic strip Peanuts. The film is directed by Steve Martino and written by Craig and Bryan Schulz (Schulz’s son and grandson, respectively), and Cornelius Uliano, and stars the voices of Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown and, via archival recordings, Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock. It is the fifth full-length Peanuts film, and the first feature film since Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don’t Come Back!!). It commemorates the 65th anniversary of the comic strip and the 50th anniversary of the TV special A Charlie Brown Christmas, and was released on November 6, 2015.
The film sees Charlie Brown trying to improve his odds with the Little Red-Haired Girl. Meanwhile, Snoopy writes a book about the World War I Flying Ace, as he imagines himself as a legend trying to save his love interest and fellow pilot, Fifi, from the Red Baron and his army.
- Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews as Miss Othmar and the little red-haired girl’s mother. Andrews’ trombone provided their “wah-wah” voices, along with the voices for other adult characters in the film.
- Rebecca Bloom as Marcie
- Anastasia Bredikhina as Patty
- Francesca Angelucci Capaldi as the Little Red-Haired Girl and Frieda Describing the Little Red-Haired Girl, Capaldi says: “She’s very nice and kind and has a great heart. She really does like Charlie Brown, but he has no idea, because he’s shy and awkward.”
- Kristin Chenoweth as Fifi, Snoopy’s love interest. Chenoweth created “a series of conversational-like sounds” to create Fifi’s language, using Melendez’s Snoopy recordings as a guide, and making his sounds more feminine.
- Alex Garfin as Linus
- Noah Johnston as Schroeder
- Bill Melendez as Snoopy and Woodstock (from archival recordings). Woodstock and his bird friends are part of Snoopy’s Beagle Scouts, who serve as the World War I Flying Ace’s (Snoopy’s) repair crew.
- Hadley Belle Miller as Lucy
- Micah Revelli as Little Kid
- Noah Schnapp as Charlie Brown
- Venus Omega Schultheis as Peppermint Patty
- Mariel Sheets as Sally
- Madisyn Shipman as Violet
- AJ Teece as Pig-Pen
- Marelik “Mar Mar” Walker as Franklin
- William “Alex” Wunsch as Shermy